B.A., B.Ed., O.C.T.
I am a:
- reader of great books,
- writer of nonsense,
- runner of roads,
- teacher of engaging young minds,
- lover of life, and
- polymath of new and old ideas.
Reader of great books:
- I quaff Marcus Aurelius, Seneca, and Yamamoto Tsunetomo,
- I lunch on Carol Dweck, Jo Boaler, and John Dewey,
- I dine on Plato, Ovid, and Socrates, and
- I stretch my palate with Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Neil Gaiman and more.
Writer of nonsense:
- I once wrote poems that were pretty ho-hum,
- I then wrote short stories that made people roar,
- and I've written three novels which I have lost, misplaced, or hid in an effort to be literary.
Runner of roads:
- Bad knees and all, I walk alot more than I run, but still I run!
- The only race I have run (since University) was the Kure City Ten K Race in Hiroshima-ken, Japan: I was thirty-three and I did the ten K in under 55 mins.
- I have decided that five Ks are the future of my running; I have come to think of it as the perfect distance to train and run.
Lover of life:
- I struggle with depression and have since I was thirteen,
- I work hard to pay back my debt to society for giving me such a good life,
- I admire my children for their uniqueness,
- and I believe in service, effort, and perseverence.
Polymath of new and old ideas:
- I speak English fairly fluently, Japanese much less so, French even worse than that, and my Korean has all but disappeared.
- I study about Autism and approaches to Autism very frequently.
- I am currently learning to code PHP, MySQL, Java, Python, and a touch of Visual Basic.
- I am also hacking about with my Raspberry Pi microcomputers.
If you are looking for me you will find me mostly at home, except on the following dates: